Sunday 29 March 2015

YVES SAINT LAURENT - BLACK OPIUM | SCENT DU JOUR





Aesthetic 
Black opium is housed in a black sparkly bottle which is reminiscent of the original Opium bottle only more "rock and roll" 
I like the sparkles and the fact that I don't have to worry about glitter falling off the bottle is great. 

Fragrance
Black Opium opens with top notes of Pink pepper and Orange blossom with  Middle notes of Jasmine and Coffee closing with Base notes of Vanilla, Patchouli and Cedar wood.



Love or Loathe


I didn't get a chance to "test" this fragrance out before purchase so I was a bit worried that I might not like it. Not a fan of it's predecessor which is too strong and heady for me. 
I really like this perfume it's a typical "Genevieve" scent. It's sweet (without smelling cheap) with floral hints. The heart and base layers are my favourites.
It is definitely a younger, edgier version of Opium. However, Sillage is average and varies sometimes it lasts the whole day and some days it doesn't (no idea why)

Purchase

To buy from Konga click here 
To buy from Jumia click here

xo,
Genevieve

3 comments:

  1. The bottle design looks quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay...you got it! I still find it too strong and I use a ridiculously little amount of it. Weirdly, on me it lasts ALL DAY! I feel like escaping from myself after a while. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I use at least 5 pumps of this and on some days that doesn't even last throughout the day. Lol at escaping from yourself I totally understand it I feel the same way whenever I use "Samsara"

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x