Thursday 12 March 2015

Life lately #3


Hey guys!
How are you all doing? great I hope. I thought I'd do another "Life lately" post aka catch up!




If you haven't noticed, I got my nose pierced. It's been just over 3 months now. I have wanted a piercing for the LONGEST time! This picture was taken a few days after the piercing was done so my nostril was still swollen. I also wanted a tattoo but my ever changing mind and fear of pain has kept me from getting one. Will probably go the Henna route...



I recently reclaimed my spot in the 4 eyed gang. Been a member since the 90's but I stopped wearing them for the longest (no idea why) only to be in bed reading one day, and I noticed I had to hold my book at a distance to see clearly....I carried myself to the Optician quickly! Guys please get your eyes tested at least once a year! 
(I realized my necklace was broken after taking this picture Lol, it's fixed now)



Recently I have been in contact with some people from my past and I had to remind myself that sometimes "comfort" or "familiarity" doesn't make someone good for you... So as easy as it would have been to slide back into what's "comfortable" I had to recall ALL the reasons why that person is not a part of my present life, reminisce a little and close the door. A Leopard doesn't change its spots... I'm not going to tell you being single is the most enjoyable thing but being in a relationship just so you're in a relationship is one of the worst things I think anyone can do.


 This "fitfam" life is not easy o! I've fallen off the exercise bandwagon more times than I'd like to share. I'm currently off it now lol 
But I'm here to tell you that they didn't lie when they said "you are what you eat" I have been trying my best to watch what I eat and I must say that I can see a difference in my waist line. (1 inch difference but I will take it. 1 or 2 more to go and then tighten my core)

Stop fighting God, let Him do his thing. I find that we often pray for certain things whilst standing in the way. Step out of your own way and let God. I know it's human nature to try and "fix" things but I'm really trying hard to let God do His thing without interference or meddling from me. 


Image result for lent


3 weeks into Lent for us Christians... I'm sure we all know Lent is all about fasting, prayer and alms giving but I want to implore you (christian or not) to also spread love and light. Smile more, compliment people, listen, be sensitive. I have been trying to do this since it takes 30 days to form a habit maybe by the end of lent it would be second nature.

Ok, enough chit chat!

xo,
Genevieve

image source: www.google.com , www.pintrest.com

6 comments:

  1. So jealous of your piercing! I have done mine twice!! But my thick nose didn't allow the curved nose ring to stay put. And thanks for the Word- I got to stop fighting God eh!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that sucks! I actually got a 'custom' L shaped stud and I haven't had any problem with that. If you ever go for a third try maybe you should get an L shaped stud instead of a ring. And yes, we need to stop fighting God!

      Delete
  2. Loving your piecing. I have always wanted one but do not know where to go. Can you refer me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey, I didn't get pierced in Lagos so I really can't give a referral. Sorry!

      Delete
  3. ive wanted a nose piercing for the longest time even though my husband is not a fan of it.
    www.styleexplicit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, maybe you should get a fake one :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x