Thursday 9 April 2015

NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM - AMSTERDAM REVIEW & SWATCH | BEAUTY











Wearing just Amsterdam here no lip pencil (please pardon the sweat)


I paired it with a brown lip pencil to tone it down a bit.

Hey guys!
Time to finally review this matte lip cream I got last month as part of my mini haul from beauty kink
There's been so much buzz about matte liquid lipsticks with everyone churning out their version. After seeing one too many pictures on Instagram of the ABH liquid lipsticks I decided to give it a try but I wasn't willing to shell out 6,000 Naira on something I might not like so I went with one from NYX.

Thoughts:
Guys, I love the smell of this product! it smells so divine like cookies or something *drool*. Application is fairly easy as it comes with a doe foot applicator. It's pigmented but I needed two layers to get an even deposit of colour even at that I still felt some areas were a little patchy but nothing that was too obvious. This lip cream took a long time to dry and I almost feel like it never really dried. It's comfortable on the lips, not a drying matte. It is long lasting I ate, drank and ate some more and it was still there :) But, there's some transfer with this lip product. 
I think this takes a while to dry maybe because this a "cream" this might also explain the transferring. 
Overall, it's a nice colour I'm not sure I'm on the liquid lipstick hype just yet I am definitely not about to trade in my beloved matte lipsticks for these. But, I will be trying out more liquid lipsticks from this brand and others. 

Details
Brand: NYX
Shade: Amsterdam 
Price: 1,800 Naira
Purchase: BeautyKink


Any thoughts on this liquid lipstick trend? do you own any? let me know your faves.

xo
Genevieve

2 comments:

  1. I don't know...anytime I have tried liquid matta lipstick I always say "Never Again" but I sort of keep going back. So I guess they're OK. Awesome review.

    http://miralabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x