Monday 27 April 2015

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR TOAST? | VIEVE EATS


How do you like your toast? I like mine French

Hey guys!
How was the weekend? Great I hope.
 I've been craving French toast for a few weeks now and on Sunday I decided to get my fix.



Ingredients:
6 slices of Bread (old bread is better cause it's "dry" so soaking up the mixture is easier)
2 Eggs I know I have 3 eggs pictured...
1 cup (250 ml) of milk I decided to use Coconut milk (Trying to reduce dairy intake please feel free to use what suits you, cows milk, almond milk etc)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla 
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon 
Pinch of Nutmeg (or more if you prefer)

Method 

Mix ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk or fork (use a bowl that is large enough to comfortably fit the bread)

Heat up little (very very little) oil in a non stick frying pan (if the oil is too much the bread will just soak it up...speaking from experience. If you have an oil spray that's even better)

Dip bread into bowl and coat both sides (you will probably need to flip bread)

Fry both sides until golden brown :)
And it's ready :D


Bon apetit!

I had mine with sliced strawberries, teeny bit of strawberry jam and some Agave syrup. Which is what I had on hand.

Blueberries, strawberries and honey is another option I like. 

Are you a fan of French toast? how do you like yours...

xo,
Genevieve

4 comments:

  1. looks very appealing.i shld try this especially for children's breakfast.
    www.styleexplicit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D thank you! You should I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it ;)

      Delete
  2. I havent been able to get my french toast right right. You know what they say - practice makes perfect....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. Try this recipe it never fails :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x