Tuesday 30 October 2012

DIY brush holder


Hey guys! another quick DIY post. I've done a post on a diy brush holder in the past (POST) that jar is now full so I decided to do another one and document it for you guys. It's very simple all you need is a jar of some sort (jam, jelly, mayonnaise cleaned out of course), fabric of your choice, scissors and fabric glue.


Cut fabric to size (I wanted the jar completely covered so I cut appropriately. fabric is folded in picture)



apply fabric glue to the jar and wait for a few seconds and then place the fabric on. (I used a 'rolling' method i.e I placed the fabric on a flat firm surface and then wrapped the jar by rolling it unto the fabric. (I hope my explanation makes sense)


so my first attempt was a disaster (mild exaggeration). I couldn't use the lace cause the glue was seeping through the holes in the fabric and it didn't look nice. So I did a quick change and grabbed some ankara I had lying around and used it in place of the lace.



Finished product. I'm going to swap the black lace with a burgundy fabric when I get the chance.

.: If you want to use a thin fabric like lace I suggest using clear fabric glue and applying as little as possible:.

I ordered some more 'real techniques' brushes so I'm going to be making another brush holder soon. I think I want to 'bedazzle' the next one. If it goes well I will talk about it. If it doesn't, I never mentioned it :)

Thanks for stopping by!
vieve

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!very creative . it looks simple will definitely try it out and upload pix. Nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'd love to see yours if you do try it out :)

      Delete
  2. smart idea!

    BLEURGH
    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

    Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back
    often!
    My web site: Lesen Sie die komplette Artikel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x