Sunday 14 February 2016

A VALENTINE STORY



Much ado about February 14.... with people mostly *cough* guys screaming their disdain towards the day and others gushing about it with dreamy looks of gifts expected and plans made.
Personally, I'm indifferent. I obviously like receiving gifts - who doesn't? but  I won't go bat sh*t crazy or sink into depression if I don't have a 'Valentine' or if I end up without a present on Valentine's Day.

This is probably because of my first valentine's experience... One year in Junior Secondary School guys and girls were going crazy with talk and plans for Valentine's day for weeks but little ole me was just there observing.... I had not received any of the be my valentine requests so I didn't kid myself and indulge... the day finally came and it was a movie... from squeals of joy to people actually crying because they had not received anything... I was slightly disturbed to say the least.
Fast forward to that evening when I walked into my room and on my bed lay a present! I was confused....from who? how? did I have a secret admirer? but how did he get the gift in here...
I sha opened the gift basket and in there amongst other things was my dad's complimentary card. It was from my dad. At that moment it dawned on me that I should NEVER hinge my happiness or peace of mind on receiving a present from any random boy EVER!
Besides, I would much rather my significant other treat me wonderfully all year round and not just on one day. I mean, why limit yourself. Lol

Whatever you end up doing today, please  enjoy yourself. Val yourself if need be. I've done that and I will forever spoil myself regardless of my relationship status.

My Valentine present to myself :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Xo,
Genevieve

2 comments:

  1. That's one cute bag. Self love rules abeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cute :)
      Yes, self love is super important

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x