Thursday 27 August 2015

SINGLEDOM DILEMMA

Hey guys!
I have a very very different post from what you guys are used to but please bear with me...
Last week at work my colleagues and I were discussing the forthcoming wedding of another colleague and as usual, I somehow became the centre of the discussion. I sat back and observed them analyse and dissect. Eventually, one retorts Genevieve is too picky!

Image result for funny single status meme





Mbok*, too picky for whom? I cannot tell you how many times I've heard " I hope you're not being too picky" from well meaning relatives, friends and the random amebos*.
Look, Let me tell you (if you aren't already aware) life as a single 20 something year old Nigerian female is tough! I constantly get guys that either genuinely don't know how to toast (woo for my non Nigerian readers) a lady or just cant be bothered to put in any effort!

Fellas, telling me you "like" me is nice but what comes next? Am I expected to start wooing you? I mean, I like me too and so does my friends dog! What's your point?

Image result for funny single status meme

A few months ago I had a young man who wanted to take me out on a date... Wonderful! But each time, he thought it was just OK to say "let's go out" Typical conversation would go as follows

Him: let's go out
Me: OK... What's the plan?
Him: I don't know. You choose.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees a problem with this? What happened to being proactive? Making plans? Making me feel special? I mean unless you're just offering a chauffeur service please at least come with a plan of some sort.

That "date" never happened. 

I love "love" as much as the next female  but am I being unrealistic? Because if by having logical standards on how I want to be treated I'm seen as being "picky" then colour me all shades of picky! 

So, no sir I don't want to come and "chill" at yours... and I definitely don't want to go with the flow.


Ladies, resist the pressure to "settle" .....Guys, put in some more effort! LOL


Xo,
Genevieve 


images via google no copyright infringement intended

Mbok - please
Amebo - busy body

6 comments:

  1. lol!! i agree women tend to settle for less all in the bid to be tagged "not single" or a "married woman".There is no price involved in being married,so best you choose your Mr right with serious caution because at the end you suffer whatever it is alone.
    www.cheecheelive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! i agree,a lot of women tend to settle for less all in the bid to join the "not single" or "married woman" clicks but what's the point.There's no prize for being married or having a man so choose with your eyes,brain and heart wide open..
    www.cheecheelive.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. story of my life. Sometimes it seems these guys are not willing to go all the way. Sometimes, I don't blame them as they believe that most women are willing to drop 'standards' for a relationship, so if you are seen to have some, they move to another girl with less requirements. Even those already in relationships are so relaxed to put in work because they believe the babe would accept anything since we are after the 'ring'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha Shadow doesn't like you, he looooooves you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao! All of this! I'm so tired of the "any man is better than no man" mentality that our society tries to force on us. Why shouldn't I be picky about someone I will spend the rest of my life with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is it! I actually thought its just me. Like i hate and can't assume for any man who doesn't have balls enough to just "say it" or do the needful, its crazy and i'd rather be "Zee Picky" than settle...
    Thank you for this awesome post.

    www.zeezeeszone.bogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x