Thursday 23 July 2015

RUBY KISSES SETTN' FORGET BANANA POWDER


Hey guys!
I picked this powder randomly while on holiday - I assumed it was a dupe to the oh so famous Ben Nye banana powder and it was cheap so thought why not. 

 




Swatch 1 - Powder blended on bare skin 


Swatch 2 - Powder blended over concealer taken indoors with flash.

Thoughts
This powder is so finely milled - it feels like silk i really wanted this powder to work but unfortunately, it falls short. It gives a white cast evident when photographed with flash indoors. However, in natural light (outdoors) even when flash is used this "flashback" doesn't show.

I included a "swatch" of the powder blended over LA girl pro conceal concealer - since this is how I wear this powder most times so you can see the white cast "flashback" which doesn't show when blended over bare skin :/ 

I've tried the Maybelline "Fit me" concealer  too and I still get the same result... So I don't think the concealer is the problem.

I will still use this powder from time to time because apart from the flash back issue it works OK for me but I definitely will not be repurchasing this - maybe in another shade.

I recently bought the Sacha "buttercup" powder which is meant to be fabulous! Will let you know my thoughts soon

Hope you're all doing great!

Xo,
Genevieve

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x