Saturday 18 July 2015

FOUNDATION CHRONICLES | MAC MATCHMASTER 8.0 REVIEW & SWATCH


Hey guys!
Going from my last foundation post (here) I went to the MAC store last month, took the plunge and bought the Match master foundation  - I used Studio fix foundation 2/3 times years ago but we didn't get along, it oxidized real bad on me, didn't photograph well etc... Maybe I was matched  to the wrong shade... Anyway, I  stayed away from MAC foundations  - until now.



Foundation comes in the standard MAC packaging.


I love that this foundation comes with a pump! (that's a + in my books) and at 35 ml it is also slightly larger than StudioFix fluid.

After a lot of research I settled on shade 8.0



Swatch

Description from MAC's website:
"Proprietary foundation formula uses Shade Intelligence Technology to offer customizable pigments that adjust to your skin tone in a flawless demi-matte finish with medium buildable coverage and broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15/PA++ protection. Gives perfect colour purity without looking ashy or chalky, reduces shine on the skin's surface and helps to absorb excess oil. Refines skin while minimizing the appearance of pores and imperfections."

Claims:
Long-wearing, 8 hours
Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15
Provides stay-true colour
Oil-free
Controls oil
Refines skin

Thoughts:
I really really like this foundation it looks like my skin - but better! I don't have to mix foundations with this and that's awesome. It's marketed as a medium coverage foundation but it can be built up to full coverage - don't layer too though - hello cake face. I learnt the hard way! I typically use 2 or 3 pumps. 

I've had no breakouts *yay!* this is a major fear when I'm trying a new beauty product - I never know how my erratic skin will react. 

This foundation is long lasting and wears beautifully in Lagos heat and humidity - I do use a primer and setting spray but it doesn't fade drastically or do that weird thing where it looks like the foundation is separating  on your face! Like some other foundations *side eye*

It has a demi matte finish and I think that contributes to the skin like finish I get. 

 I really don't have anything bad to say - 
MAC has a gem with this foundation (IMO) 
So, if you've been having issues matching your undertone correctly or if you've been mixing foundations and you're tired of doing that then try this foundation. 

Purchase: nearest MAC counter 
Price: N 7,900

Xo,
Genevieve

4 comments:

  1. My dear, you not the only one with that sort of skin, I have same fear when I have to try out a new foundation. It's good to know something works with our naija weather.
    I've never tried any mac foundation but this one is promising.
    You're doing a nice job on the blog.

    Www.perezvoguediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...this foundation that I don't trust. Anyhows, will try it again and see.


    Been experiencing the worst breakouts on my face and now that you mention it, it started around the time I got the Lancome teint idole...Never really occurred to me that foundation could make me break out. Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch closely and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it again! Oh snap that sucks hopefully it's not the Lancôme.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x