Friday 26 September 2014

FIRST INGLOT VISIT - MY EXPERIENCE



Hey! 

Inglot officially opened their doors to the public on Tuesday if you didn't know, where have you been? 
I was bummed cause I could not go then but I finally got round to checking it out today. *woop*

This post might be lengthy so please get comfortable :)



So, I went in there ready to purchase foundation the one I had in mind was the Young Skin Makeup (YSM) foundation. I asked the MUA that was attending to me what foundation she would recommend for oily skin and she pointed to the YSM foundation (I do my research just wanted to see what she would suggest) and then says "but we don't have your colour" I was confused and I retorted "Seriously?!"  The manager or head MUA walks up and suggests that she tries 2 shades on me. 
After the trial it was obvious that one was way off! Ashy is an understatement the other one "54" looked like a good match but the coverage seemed minimal. The MUA said coverage could be "built up" and I voiced my fears of not wanting cake face and not having the time or energy required to build up coverage... But I sat back and let her do her thing...

I decided to also try out some concealer as well she did some colour matching using 2 different colours... This time around there was no issue with catering to my complexion. I found this kind of weird cause I'd assume the range of shades available for foundation, concealer and powder should be similar no?
After all the test, test she set it with powder and I went over to have a look at the lipsticks :D
C'mon, I wouldn't be Genevieve if I didn't lol
...It's been about 6 or 7 hours and my face still looks good! And that's without any primer pretty awesome in my books.

Although I didn't buy the foundation, I will probably go back for it.
I'll share my haul in another post as this is already a bit too long.

Taking pictures isn't  allowed so I had to take these on the down low with my phone.


Lipsticks 



Eye shadows  


More eye shadows



Gel liners, eye pencils etc

They have a lot to offer I wasn't even able to capture the amount of stuff available! On that I give them a virtual back pat! 
Overall, I would rate this trip a 6/10 because, the MUA attending to me didn't  ask if I was wearing makeup and when I volunteered that info (I had concealer and  translucent powder on) rather than wipe it off to have a "fresh" base she said it's no problem. Now I don't know if she was being lazy or she didn't know better but applying makeup on a face with product on it seemed wrong to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. At times she seemed uninterested, like she was being disturbed. And this isn't a unique problem. MAC probably takes the crown for that but I was really hoping I'd get better vibes!! The manager or head MUA was very cheerful and willing to help so that cushioned it. 

Have you visited Inglot yet? What vibes did you get? Share! 

Xo,
Genevieve 

5 comments:

  1. I was there twice last week, about to share my thoughts. I didn't know pictures weren't allowed...I just took them without asking :o

    I love how the products are displayed in store and they have so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Lol, I asked cause I didn't want embarrassment. Yeah they have so much to offer, very impressive. Looking forward to reading your post!
      :)

      Delete
  2. Will go check out the shop....however, I think the MUA should have wiped it off your makeup first. Thankfully, the manager saved the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they actually have a lot to offer. Yes she should have!
      :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x