Friday 15 August 2014

REVIEW | SLEEK MAKEUP EYEBROW STYLIST

Hey lovelies!
I purchased this recently, I was at the supermarket and I wanted to buy a brow pencil (I prefer to use a pencil on days when I'm in a rush; which now seems to be almost everyday) I stumbled on this and thought I'd give it a try. It was more expensive than the Tara pencil I wanted to buy but I do not regret purchasing this at all because I'm sure this will last longer plus I don't have to sharpen it.
If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I like Sleek Makeup I have quite a few of their products and I have reviewed some of them on the blog (Be Beautiful Blemish Balm, Eye brow Kit, Pumpkin blush palette





the brow stylist comes in a sleek black pen/pencil like casing 



on one end is a stiff grooming brush aka  spooly.  Sleek suggests that you use the spooly to brush brows in to place before you start applying the crayon and then after to blend and ensure that there are no harsh lines thereby creating a softer, more natural brow.


the other end has a unique angular shaped brow crayon (this isn't a pencil, It's kind of waxy in texture) which allows you to create broad strokes using the flat end of the crayon and narrow strokes with the edge. Sleek recommends using the flat side to outline the brows and the pointed tip to fill in the brows. 







the brow stylist comes in three shades; Light, Medium and Dark. I got Dark 





Swatches of Dark (718)

Since I got this I have not used anything else on my brows. I love that it has a spooly attached so already this will make it my go to eyebrow product when I'm travelling or on the go since I won't need to carry a separate spooly brush. Apart from that, the crayon is long lasting and it holds my hairs in place which a regular pencil does not do. Sleek has a winner in this (for me at least)
I have read that this is a dupe for the more high end Hourglass arch brow sculpting  pencil so if you were eyeing that or you're just a curious cat like me give this a go. 

Purchased from :Prince Ebeano Supermarket Lekki phase 1
Price: 2,500 Naira (this retails for 8.99$/ 6.99 pounds abroad)
Brand: Sleek Makeup (Eyebrow Stylist)
Shade: Dark 718

Have you tried this? What's your go to eyebrow product?
xo,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x