Wednesday 20 August 2014

BEAUTY FROM WITHIN - EATING AND DRINKING YOUR WAY TO HEALTHY SKIN

Hey guys!

How are you doing? hope the week is going well? How many of you have been told your skin ailments are down to eating junk food or not drinking enough water? I'm sure we all have at one point or another and since I decided to make an effort to treat my insides better I must admit that there has been an improvement in my skin. 
 I will be talking about some  foods that are supposedly awesome for your inside as well as your outside that I have included in my diet.
in no particular order:

LEMON/LIME WATER

Image result for lemon

I can write a whole post on the benefits of drinking lemon water it's that serious, lemon water aids in flushing toxins out of the body, it is a rich source of vitamin c, calcium, potassium and pectin fibre. This is a very refreshing energy boosting drink. I drink this hot or cold and add a couple of things to it like ginger, mint etc for added benefits and to jazz it up a bit.




FRUITS...



I've been drinking...watermelon! Lol seriously though, I have been making a watermelon juice. watermelon is an awesome fruit. It has a lot of skin friendly vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, B6, Potassium, Magnesium. 
I consume a lot of fruits I have at least an apple a day and my new favourite thing to have are smoothies. I use berries, pineapple, pawpaw, bananas, avocado basically whatever I have at my disposal. I also make fresh juices :)


COCONUT OIL

Image result for coconut oil

I use coconut oil topically as a make up remover and to moisturise but I have also started ingesting it as well. My mum has a spoonful of this but I'm still taking baby steps so I add a table spoon to my smoothies. Coconuts are awesome all round from water to cream to oil. I use coconut cream in my smoothies as a substitute for milk or yoghurt.

HERBAL TEA 



Green tea and Nettle tea are my current teas of choice I try and drink at least a cup of tea daily. this helps me increase my fluid in take as honestly, drinking water gets boring after some time so I'm constantly looking for new ways to up fluid intake. 

VEGGIES
Now, I'm one of those weird people that actually likes vegetables as in, I have salad without cream/dressing (store bought) sometimes I make my own dressing or just use (fresh) lemon juice. some of my favourite veggies are -  AVOCADO, BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, CARROTS, BELL PEPPERS and CUCUMBERS. I have a bag of frozen mixed vegetables that I microwave and munch on or combine with fish or chicken to make a meal. This is an easy way to ensure I always have vegetables on hand.  

SEEDS

Image result for chia seeds

Right now the seeds I'm using are Chia and Flax. these are chock full of fibre and nutrients. I put these in my smoothies, oatmeal, I also make a pudding using the chia seeds. 


In the words of Gillian McKeith "You are what you eat" so let's try and eat right... you'll feel a lot better, look better and have more energy. plus your make up will look a lot better on healthy skin!

what steps do you take to attain or maintain healthy skin?
xo,
Genevieve 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x