Sunday 11 December 2016

CHANEL - ALLURE SENSUELLE


floral.soft.oriental


Aesthetic
Allure Sensuelle's bottle is pretty basic ab.so.lute.ly no frills I love a pretty bottle but, lezzbehonest no one really buys perfume just because the bottle is pretty - I know I wouldn't. It fits nicely in my palm and there's no awkwardness involved while using this which is a problem I sometimes have with fancier shaped bottles.

Fragrance
It opens up with top notes of Bergamot, Mandarin and Pink Pepper. The heart is composed of notes of Jasmine, Rose, Iris, Candied fruits (don't ask) and Vetiver closing with base notes of Vanilla, Amber, Patchouli and Frankicense.
Allure Sensuelle is a warm, spicy, floral, oriental scent.

Love or Loathe
This perfume is a warm/spicy, powdery scent that I'd categorize as "mature" there is nothing girly about this fragrance. It screams boss chic or confident lady to me lol.. It is pretty intense at first the first few times I wore it the top notes seemed almost overpowering but after a couple of uses, it was no longer as overpowering - guess I got used to it. It dries down nicely though. Sillage is decent and longevity is fantastic it lasts all day on me.
Overall, even though I'm not crazy about the top notes, I dig the heart and base notes. It's a nice floral, oriental scent that I have found myself reaching for more often in recent times but, I don't think I would repurchase.

xo,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x