Thursday 5 June 2014

Review | NYX concealer in a jar "Orange"


Hi guys!
 long time no speak (read/write?) you get my drift sha. it's been a crazy few weeks so please pardon my absence.
Today, I'm going to be talking about colour correcting using NYX concealer in a jar in shade CJ13 ''Orange"












Taken outside with natural light (no flash)
(Left unblended; right blended lightly)

I bought this in May last year out of curiosity but I didn't try it out until last month and i've been kicking myself for not using it sooner! it has made a huge difference to my routine.
 I use this to camouflage dark circles beneath my eyes... Why not just use concealer I hear you ask? Well sometimes concealers aren't enough. You need to correct the problem before brightening/concealing. If you've ever had trouble hiding dark circles completely I think a colour corrector will come in handy in your routine.

I'll give some basics of what I've learnt about colour correcting 

Green neutralises red. 
Orange/yellow neutralises blue/purple.
Lavender brightens dull/sallow skin.

I've only ever used this orange concealer but I think I will pick up the green one on my next trip!

This "concealer" is very creamy so blending is super easy. No dragging in that delicate undereye area. So far, I'm loving this little gem. If it changes I'll let you know.

I use this either before I apply my foundation or after. Same results just depends on my mood. 

Phew, that was a long one. 
Happy colour correcting!
Xo,
Genevieve 

6 comments:

  1. hi good post pls where in lagos can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi thanks for d review pls where in llagos can i get it?THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seyi, you can try Gifty's daughter they have an NYX stand. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. NYX has great quality makeup. I have never tried the orange concealer from NYX. I think I am going to have to try this!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! this is my first product from NYX which isn't a lipstick. I have already ordered 2 other items to try.
      thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  4. HELLO EVERY1IM ONE OF UR FOLLOWERS AND CONTRIBUTORS PLS HOUSE I NEED UR VOTE FOR A COMPETITION I ENTERED LATE COS I JUST FOUND D PAGE 2DAYS AGO AND IT HAS BEEN ON OR 2WEEKS. PLS FOLLOW DIS LINKAND LIKE MRS CHUKWURAH'S PIX,Fabulosity Cosmetics
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=420532191382762

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x