Tuesday 22 April 2014

Spotlight | Foreo Luna mini

Hey guys!!

How's it going... Hope you all enjoyed the long weekend?  I got a new "toy" on Wednesday. If you haven't heard of the Luna mini before please get comfortable as this post might be lengthy. 

Foreo claims that the  Luna mini is "a revolutionary new skincare concept the world's first T-Sonic facial cleansing brush"



The Luna mini came packaged as shown above. No box, no frills... I didn't mind this cause I have no use for boxes. The actual device is housed in an acrylic type shell (I suck at describing bear with me) I actually like this as it can be used to store the Luna mini when it's not in use or whilst travelling.






Front of the Luna Mini (Pic above) 
This side has silicon nodules of varying sizes. Power button is also in front.


Back of the Luna mini (picture above) 

This side has only the larger sized silicon nodules which is meant to handle deep cleansing.  Charging port is also located at the back. It came with a usb charger. when I got it I hooked it up to a laptop and in an hour it was fully charged. A fully charged device can be used 300 times (150 days) according to the manufacturers. So far, I haven't had to charge it.  


In summary, the Luna mini is a palm sized silicone cleansing device that emits sonic vibrations which penetrate deep into the skin to unclog pores, remove dead skin cells and stimulate circulation. 

I initially wanted to order this directly from the Foreo website but in the course of my research I learnt they were launching in Africa starting with Lagos Nigeria :D so I decided to wait and purchase when it launched here. 

It can be purchased from Jumia or Sacred beauty. I ordered from Jumia but it was going to take 3-8 days for delivery!!! *Otis scream* kmt... I knew i couldn't wait that long so I cancelled my order quickly (I was a woman on a mission) I called Sacred beauty to check if they had it in stock. they did! whooop!! It's usually stocked at their Maryland office but Ab was willing to go the extra mile for me so I got to pick mine up from L'espace in Victoria Island. Lola, if you read this Ab deserves a raise/bonus...something! cause she went above and beyond during this transaction.

Thoughts

As at this morning, I have used the Luna mini 10 times so I feel I can give a mini review of sorts since Foreo even claims you'll see a difference in 3 days. Were they lying? Nope. The Luna mini doesn't perform magic though so don't expect  a miracle. However, my skin looks cleaner I don't mean i was walking around with dirt on my face but i guess the "deep" cleaning is responsible. It is significantly clearer, not devoid of spots but A LOT better, and any spots that have surfaced come to head and heal super fast, and my pores appear smaller. Now I don't think this is all down to the Luna mini o! I think since my skin is cleaner any spot/skin remedy I apply will be able to work faster ergo better. I'm loving it so far :)

Aesthetic: The Luna mini is very pretty. It comes in several colours (Magenta, petal pink, grey, blue etc) it fits right into my palm and I have had no issues handling it. Honestly, I thought I'd have some issues holding it cause of how it's shaped but that was not the case.

How I use it
If I haven't worn makeup I just splash my face with water, apply my face wash, rinse the Luna mini and get busy. I turn on the Luna mini and i use the back (deep cleansing) side (for now). I don't  follow a particular pattern I just make sure I cover my whole face. Lastly, I flip it over to the front side, press the button again  this reduces the intensity of the vibrations and do my under eye area.
 If I have worn makeup I take it off using a cream cleanser then continue as normal.

For those that won't be able to read through here's a breakdown
Brand: Foreo 
Device: Luna Mini 
Stockists: Sacred beauty* and Jumia 
Price: approx 31,900

*sacred beauty can be contacted on 08075767676

apologies for the super long post (this is actually the short version lol)
xoxo, Vieve



6 comments:

  1. Nice write up. Will try it asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Thank you so much for the feedback. I didn't know you were a blogger. Ebi really is a sweetheart she'll be super excited to hear about this. Don't forget to come in for your Foreo signature facial as you are one of the first people to buy one you qualified for our promo. If you need any advice at all don't hesitate to call us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Luna review I'm reading. Thinking to myself if this didn't break you out in a "purge" then it's likely going to be worth the money. Great post.woud be nice if you could update us in a month with how things keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samsie,
      I didn't experience a "purge" per se I get one or 2 pimples from time to time. I think I've hit the one month mark so there should be an update on the blog soon. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  4. Hi there Vieve. Can you give us an update on the luna and the progress you are making? Maybe facial images will help with that. I broke out last month and its just been worse week in week out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x