Saturday 4 March 2017

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW POMADE - CHOCOLATE



I had this pomade sitting unopened in my drawer for a VERY long time - I bought it because of all the buzz but honestly, I'm more of a pencil girl as I find I get my brows done quicker when I am using a pencil but, Belinda (hey girl!) spoke highly of it and urged me to try it and since I already owned it, I thought why not. 




swatch

Thoughts:

So, I really wanted to like this product but, I'm undecided. Some days I think it just doesn't work with my skintone as you can see from the swatch above, for some reason it looks a bit grey and some days I think it's ok. I don't know why I have this issue as a lot of WOC (women of colour) with skintones similar to mine use this shade without any complaints. I ordered this online without swatching  as I just assumed chocolate would be a lovely rich dark brown shade. So I don't know why it looks grey on my skin - or is it just my eyes?

Apart from the colour issue, it is actually a good product. It is creamy and super easy to apply I use either the elf angled brush pictured or another one from Sigma. It's long lasting and doesn't wear out or fade throughout the day. I have used this on days where I was super sweaty and hot and it held its own very well. Even though it is not transfer resistant, transfer is minimal.
I'm going to try setting it with a brow powder with warmer undertones to see if I can make it work so I can at least use up the pot - if that's even possible as a little goes a very long way so I see that pot lasting for quite some time.


I really don't see my self repurchasing this product but, if I  ever change my mind - I definitely won't buy this shade.

Are you a brow pencil or pomade/gel girl?

xo,
Genevieve

2 comments:

  1. Finally opened! Thank goodness. The color I have is ebony and since we're about the same skintone, I think that might work better for you. I'll carry it around so the next time we see you can try it.

    I've found that a little goes a looong way and I need to learn to be less heavy-handed, so on days that I'm not trying to look to made up, I'll skip using this.

    I think I'm a pencil girl but I'm willing to try something new once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I dunno why I thought Ebony would be black ๐Ÿ˜•
      Yes, a little goes a very long way. I'm so conscious when I use this so I don't apply too much.
      I can't wait to try yours and see the difference in colour.
      Yes to pencils though! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x