Friday 8 January 2016

FOREVER FRIENDS?


Hey guys...
So, I was catching up with an old friend of mine and she asked of another of my friends... for the first time, my response was "I don't know" normally I would respond "she's fine" you see, this lady is someone everyone (myself included) thought would be my  friend forever... Before I was ashamed (don't ask me why) to admit to people that we weren't as close as before...no where near as close as everyone expected. So whenever anyone asked of her wellbeing I'd say "she is fine" as if I had just spoken to her.

 Growing up I was obsessed with "Forever Friends" and a part of me really did believe friendships were meant to last forever - don't get me wrong I know such friendships exist.... I just know now that not EVERY friendship will be forever and that is A-ok.

I have come to realise and accept that in this "journey" of life, people have roles to play... so instead of holding on by all means to a sinking, toxic,one sided friendship I have learnt to let go.
No one is worth my (your) well being or peace of mind.
Besides, it is not true that your 'best friend' has to be someone you have known 'forever' I met some of my closest friends as an adult.

So, should you find certain relationships/friendships going awry, take a deep breath, fix your crown and move on. When (if) you find yourself missing him/her, that's fine... reminisce a little and keep it moving.

xo,
Genevieve

4 comments:

  1. Loool, I was/am in a similar situation.
    I was best friends with someone for about 10 years but in the past 2 years since we finished uni, things have changed and now we don't even speak anymore. It's kinda awks because we are in a bigger friendship group of about 9 friends and not everyone knows what has happened.
    I've learnt that when one party is putting in more effort than the other and the quality of the friendship is like that of acquaintances, there is no point holding on to a title that cannot be maintained.
    Some friendships are for seasons, all friendships can't last forever.

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x