Friday 14 November 2014

VIEVE READS | THE SEX LIFE OF A LAGOS MAD WOMAN, THE BEAUTYFUL ONES ARE NOT YET BORN AND MORE...










Hey guys!
Sorry for being MIA...Hope you're all doing great.
I have been collecting a few novels here and there and I thought I'd share for my fellow book lovers.
I stumbled on "the sex life of a Lagos mad woman" online and I just had to have it! talk about conversation starter, the title definitely got my attention. I trotted over to the Palms, Lekki to hunt it down and I believe I picked up the last copy! I also picked up 2 other books by African authors, a Nigerian and a Ghanaian...I have never read a book written by a Ghanaian but the title caught my eye. 

Anthills of the Savannah by Chinua Achebe - Ebeano Supermarket Lekki - 700 Naira
Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe- Ebeano Supermarket Lekki - 650 Naira
The sex life of a Lagos mad woman by 'Seun Salami - The HUB @ the Palms - 1,500 Naira
The Concubine by Elechi Amadi - The HUB @ the Palms - 900 Naira
The Beautyful ones are not yet born by Ayi Kwei Armah - The HUB @ the Palms - 900 Naira

It's no surprise that I kicked off my reading spree with "The sex life of a Lagos mad woman" I'm enjoying it so far... will let you know how it goes.
what are you reading? have you read any of these?

I'm looking for "No longer at ease" by Chinua Achebe any idea where I can find this? help a sister out por favor.

xo,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x