Saturday 19 January 2013

Review | Sleek Be beautiful blemish balm (dark)

Heylo! I'm sure you've all heard about the much hyped BBcreams. I have been curious about this product but I was yet to come across any that would work for my skin tone. So I was pleased when I walked into the sleek store and spotted this.

The sleek website describes their BB cream as so- 

"This multi-tasking wonder balm can be used as a primer, tinted moisturizer or concealer. Build to provide medium to full coverage. Loaded with skin loving multi-vitamins, anti ageing properties and protein peptides that revitalizes and nourishes and aids in skin repair. Vitamin C adds an extra boost to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion, whilst the presence of Vitamin E protects the skin from early stages of UV damage, leaving skin youthful and luminous. Skin stays protected with SPF15, whilst jojoba oil soothes and moisturizes for a flawless finish. Available in 7 shades to suit all skin tones."






I went for "dark" which is the darkest shade available.

Price: 1,850 Naira  (from the sleek store)

Packaging: It comes in a sleek , sturdy black tube. I love the fact that it comes in a tube and since the product isn't runny it's not difficult to control the amount of product dispensed.

Thoughts: I must say that I am impressed with this product. I haven't had a lot of experience with sleeks face products (apart from the revive foundation which was very 'meh' in my opinion). The BB cream is thick and creamy, it goes on smoothly and the coverage is awesome! It's lightweight so it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. 
 I apply it with my fingers as you would a moisturizer over my moisturizer and primer (boots no 7 or black radiance) and set using mac mineralise  skinfinish or black opal oil blocking powder.


Would I recommendYes. I think It's an inexpensive item that provides great coverage and I use a teeny bit but I know it can be built up to full coverage. I didn't have any issues with it oxidizing and it photographs well. I haven't had any serious breakouts  (just a pimple here and there which i feel would be the case even if i wasn't using the BB cream) or reacted adversely in anyway which is good cause my skin is very temperamental! 

Hope this was helpful!
vieve xx

6 comments:

  1. I think I have a phobia of not wearing my foundation. I have it in my head that BB creams just won't provide enough coverage! Maybe it's time for me to jump on the BB cream bandwagon!!

    I was tempted to try this, but I'm on a spending ban until at least March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! This bb cream really does give decent coverage and it's long wearing.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. hey girl....u just inspired to try a new product! i'll give this try as soon as i can and let u know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please where is the sleek store located?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's in Ikeja I think it's on oriyomi street. Near the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi vieve, pls do u have any idea where i can get Boots No7 matifier called Beautiful Matte? Pls i do need it urgently

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x