Friday 7 July 2017

THE ORDINARY AHA 30% + BHA 2% PEELING SOLUTION

If you read my last beauty review (read HERE) you probably know my skin is a fan of chemical exofilation so it is no surprise that I purchased this peel by The Ordinary that is meant to be a 10 minute exfoliating facial in a bottle.

The 10 minute exfoliating facial is a liquid "mask" made up of 30% Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (Glycolic/Lactic/Tartaric/Citric), 2% Beta Hydroxyl Acid (Salicylic Acid), Hyaluronic Acid Crosspolymer, Vitamin B5, Black Carrot and Tasmanian Pepperberry.
 Alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) exfoliate the skin's topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance. Beta hydroxyl acids (BHA) also exfoliate the skin with an extended function to help clear pore congestion. This combined 32% AHA/BHA solution offers deeper exfoliation to help fight visible blemishes and for improved skin radiance. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture and reduces the look of fine lines with continued use. (lifted from The Ordinary website... I agree with everything)
Like I mentioned earlier, this product is a mask with a serum like consistency. The directions by Deciem state that this should be applied to a clean dry face (avoiding the eye contour), should not be left on for longer than 10 minutes and should not be used more than twice a week.
I think the instruction for use from Deciem is standard practice with any chemical peel - at least with the ones I have tried.
I apply this directly to my face in sections (it comes with a dropper) and then spread the fluid using my fingers, plop my self in front of a fan (it stings a little for the first few minutes) and wait for my buzzer to go off - I always use a timer when I do acid peels, not trying to burn myself.
I probably should not choose favourites but, this product comes tops in  my skin care arsenal - I look forward to each peel.
This product does everything it says, since I started using this I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. After each use my skin is softer, smoother and my dark spots are fading at a great rate.
I will definitely be repurchasing this - it is a firm favourite right now. If you are not new to acids I would recommend this; if you are I would suggest you start with something milder like the pixi glow tonic.

Ps: I would recommend doing a patch test first and working up to 10 minutes if you are not used to chemical peels.

What product is currently rocking your skincare world?

xo,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x