Saturday 4 April 2015

REAL TECHNIQUES CORE COLLECTION REVIEW




Hey guys!
 I have wanted to do a post on my brush collection for a while. so here it goes! 
Starting with the Real Techniques core collection brush set.
This brush set consists of four brushes made from hand cut synthetic bristles. They are 100% cruelty free


Buffing brush -" Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation"

Thoughts

This is probably my favourite brush from this collection I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation and powder and it does a pretty good job buffing it in. 

Contour brush- "delicately applies highlighter to contour or create, sheer, soft focus finish"

Thoughts
I used to use this to apply my contour but I've found that I prefer an angled contour brush as it is more precise. I still use it to contour and it works OK. This brush would probably be a ''bomb" highlight brush will try it.

Pointed foundation brush- "use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage"

Thoughts
Foundation brush? LOL! They must have been joking I have NEVER tried to use this to apply foundation for several reasons:
1. it's too damn small
2. I am not a fan of this type of foundation brushes
3.  I'm not trying to drive myself nuts. Can't imagine using this to apply foundation.
 However, I use this to apply concealer underneath my eyes and the bridge of my nose (using the pointed tip of the brush) and it works wonderfully for these.

Detailer brush - "Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition"

Thoughts 
I like this brush but it often goes forgotten. I use this brush to clean up and define my lips using concealer and to highlight the inner corner of my eyes.




The core collection comes with a panoramic brush case which doubles as a brush stand too.
core collection
The brush case used as a "stand"  you can also use this when drying your brushes just turn the brushes upside down.


I really enjoy these brushes and I think they are good value for money without compromising quality.  I have purchased other Real Techniques brushes since buying this set and I would recommend them for beautiful, affordable, well made brushes.

Are you a fan of any of these brushes?

xo,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment; You are appreciated x